Guwahati, Dec 19: Assam Pradesh Congress Committee president Gaurav Gogoi on Thursday said he was not affected by what he described as threats and intimidation from Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Speaking to reporters in Jorhat, Gogoi said he did not attach importance to the chief minister’s statements and claimed that people in the state were no longer influenced by such remarks. He stated that what he called a “politics of threats” would not last and added that political power was temporary.
Gogoi’s comments came amid repeated allegations by Sarma against him and his wife, Elizabeth Colburn, over alleged links with Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence. The Assam government had constituted a special investigation team to probe the matter. The SIT submitted its report to the chief minister on September 10, and Sarma later announced that the case would be handed over to a central agency.
Recently, Sarma referred to the SIT charge sheet in the death case of Zubeen Garg and said the government would next move ahead with matters related to Gaurav Gogoi.
Responding to this, Gogoi described the charge sheet as weak, citing opinions from senior advocates. He alleged that the document had been prepared in a manner that protected a close associate of the chief minister, Shyamkanu Mahanta, and claimed that several names of key accused were missing from it.









